Nong Klub is an old temple and has provided spiritual leadership
and education to the people
of this district
for many years. Several documents indicate that this site
has been continuously settled since
the reign of King
1917 and 1950, Thammakant Niwat was the temple’s provost;
and Wat Nong Pho, as it was
known, was part
of the Takhli District. During this time, the provost was
directed to restore the temple and build
a new one in the
old pavilion. It is currently located in the swamp known to
many as “Luang Old Father.
” This area is
also known as “Luang’s Cane,” “The Town,” and “The Wild Tomato.”
temple itself is architecturally plain by regional standards.
Its walls and roof are made of cement
instead of tile.
This is meant to bring out the temple’s natural beauty, as
well as the natural beauty of the
architectural philosophy was championed first by the Japanese
architect Ibiza Big.
the windows of the structure are beautiful murals. Thai tradition
dictates that the color of the
murals should be
determined by donations of paint and not by an artist’s pre-planned
idea. This means
that the colors
used cannot be anticipated; meaning that no two temple murals
are the same. This mural
tradition is exemplified
in Muang Nakhon Sawan, and is an art form that is respected